Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a week....


So I have been a total wreck of a person for some time, all at my own hands, and Ive gotten to the point of shaking myself and saying stop it! I have got to start up my regular Yoga again, as that really made a huge difference in how things in the ole brain were workin'..that and some more meditation; that is powerful stuff. So here I am at my parents house now, eating some mock coffee cake (white cake with the topping broiled on it...yum!) letting my ipod soothe me as I type and relax the day away. What a day it was too...

The deliveries we had today were early, 2 down in Redmond and Bothell, then back to pick up a wedding cake to take to mount vernon by 1 pm...busy busy around here and out the dor at 9 am, just Mom, Erica and I. Daniel wanted to stay with Grampa which just killed me, but I had to go and couldnt dwell on it. Mom hadnt slept at all that night even with her usual vices, and a few extras even thrown in...so I wasnt letting her drive with my girl in the car...she understood. Off we went, Mom feeling a bit ill to begin with and the snow wasnt helping; she was SO sick all the way there and back. I felt so bad that we couldnt just stop and let things settle, but she kept encouraging me to just get back to the house to load up for the wedding. We had about a 1/2 hour once back and I got the kids together, lunches made and we were out the door by noon...just me and the kids that it. I made Mom stay in bed and Dad stay home in case she needed a ride to the hospital...my brain had her poisoned and all. Of course maybe I just made her carsick too...haha. Kids were a big help to me in setting up and the place we went was wonderfully nice so I wasnt all over them to be quiet. Picked up some food and got back to see Mom up and looking a little better...she even had some dinner in mind, so that was nice to hear. Im thankful our next cake isnt until June. The money sure isnt worth any of what she went through today.

The snow has melted here, there was about 2" on the ground of very wet snow and more today that didnt stick around. We heard on the news something about thunder snow...would love to know how that works! Kids have been in the hot tub, fed well, and now playing on the computer...life is looking good.

No comments: