So the kids and I are busy at Gramma and Grampas house, making cakes...and the kids having fun making mud pies. They seem to gravitate towards the horse yard and want to stay there all day, playing with the wandering goats and chickens from the neighbors yard too. Hank sure loves all the attention from brushing and the extra grain they give him to keep him close by. So sad to see him get so old, but as I tell him, were gettin old together and it sure can be no fun at times!~ He usually just swished the tail and rests his chin on my shoulder; I sure love that horse.
The rain over the weekend was great to have; we had 2 weddings, both outdoors, and I had to run the cake inside with it pouring down on me. One poor Bride had everything set up outside and they were carrying stuff inside for the ceremony while I was trying to get the cake in, fun fun. We were told that we could come anytime to set up the cake at the second one, only to get there and find out that they had just gotten there and didnt even have tables yet....so we opted to wait it out with the cake in the van, humid as all get out and just sit with it until they were ready. At least we were at a park and the kids got to play a bit until the rain came about and hour later. Lots of parties going on there too so there were lots of people running when it started raining on them all. One of the Brides I think got her Karma thrown back at her, but I wouldnt be very nice if I said that out loud...right? :)
I think Mom did break something in her hand, she goes back in on Wednesday to have it rechecked since if its a hairline it wouldnt show up for a week or more (she was told by the ER) so well see. Im up here this week baking and making fillings and helping her out as much as I can. Ive been trying to keep the kids busy too so that there are some fun stories for Erica to tell of her measly summer. I am taking them to the fair tomorrow for a little country fun; I cant wait. They didnt get to put anything in the fair this year, but well sure go by the baking dept. to see the others who did just for fun.
I sure miss my Hubby!~
Gin
No comments:
Post a Comment